Monday, May 30, 2016

ABCDE of Cobra building!

Accelerator

I have a fly by wire accelerator pedal, so the loom has provision for this. I drilled the holes for the fitting plate and a hole big enough to allow the connector to pass through. This was attached with M5 button head bolts and nyloc nuts. The plate was made by Keith Akerman, fabulous piece of engineering, as expected from him.
Accelerator pedal with connection made. Note split plate and grommet.
The electrical connector was pushed on to the pedal until it clicked. Easy!

Brake and Clutch hoses

The hoses needed securing so as to comply with IVA requirements. Again a part made by Keith came in to play to secure the three braided hoses against the side of the engine bay. Another pair of hands was needed to fix this wit M4 screws, so Carol came to my rescue. A P-clip was used to secure the hoses to the reservoir.
Hoses secured
Dipstick tube

This had bugged me for a while! So I thought that I had better sort it. The dipstick tube was the wrong shape for the LS6 engine. So using a pipe bender, I carefully reshaped the tube to avoid the headers and HT leads. Once it was the right shape, the tube was secured with a P-clip to the coil frame, after adding some rubber tubing to make sure that the tube would not move. It was fairly easy really. Don't know why I had kept putting it off.
Dipstick fitted and secured to coil frame
Foot well Extension

Now it was time to fit the foot well extension. Again Carol helped, as my arms were not long enough. The extension was simply bolted in place, where it had been trial fitted before. I did apply some silicone to make sure it was sealed, both inside and out.
Not the prettiest of jobs, but hopefully effective

No comments: