Thursday, March 16, 2017

Registration - progress!

Registration

I had sent the forms off to the DVLA and they arrived on the 25 February thinking that all were there. I had not supplied a V627 form, because it did not look relevant to my car (seemed to be relevant to cars that had donor parts and not a brand new car) and the website was unclear to me.

The DVLA chased this up. I sent the response the same day to the DVLA on the 11 March (caught the post that day).

I chased up my application with the DVLA this morning (16th March). No progress or sign that they had received my response, despite being sent 6 days ago!

Had a call from Karen (case owner) at the DVLA this afternoon to say that all was ok and that the application had been approved. She had seen the record of my chase up telephone call. My personalised registration will also need assigning, so paperwork should be with me next week sometime.

Nearly there!

I told you that there is a difference between getting the car ready for the road and finishing it!

Ignition barrel

The grey central part of the ignition barrel had been sticking. It stayed in when the key was removed, when it should have sprung out. So a new one was bought via eBay. I got the barrel and two keys for only £12.30. This was cheaper than a single key at many places, so consider that before you buy another key. Also this is one of the very few pre-used parts.

Fitting is covered elsewhere on this blog, so I won't repeat it.

Outstanding work

Two outstanding jobs that I am aware of at this stage are to make the indicators self-cancelling and to put on some better side vents. Otherwise done!

No comments: