Friday, January 13, 2017

IVA application

IVA test

I was contacted by DVSA yesterday to say that some of my photos looked to have been taken in a warehouse or factory, so would I confirm that only me or friends had built the car and that this 'lack' of information would delay my application. The photos in question were of me collecting the body in a van and the chassis being strapped on to a trailer outside Gardner Douglas. In addition I had already sent a signed declaration that I had built the car myself as an amateur builder. This blog also confirms that.

In my response to DVSA, I bit my lip and did not put what I really thought of them!

This morning I had another two emails. I tentatively opened them, expecting even more daft questions. But no, one was confirmation of payment of the fee (£450). The second said that the application had been assessed and had now been passed to the test centre to book the test appointment.

Another step in the IVA minefield.

Leaks

The leaks from the clutch reservoir and coolant from the thermostat housing appear to have been cured. Also no leak from the clutch master cylinder in the compartment behind the wheel. Yippee!

No comments: