Thursday, January 01, 2015

Tools for Cobra build

Treated myself to some new tools, using my Christmas money (for my Cobra build) and a bit I had put to one side - a big socket and spanner set, screwdrivers and trolley jack (all Halfords deals).

Decent tool set finally!
Still need a Dremel, a 90 deg chuck for my drill, a car creeper (easy way to get under car) and a new soldering iron.

So far I have the following, which I think I need reading other blogs:
  • Tool chest on wheels (brill)
  • Electric drill and bits
  • Torque wrench
  • Selection of pliers, crimpers and cutters
  • Selection of sockets and spanners (great stuff and good boys toys)
  • Pop rivet gun
  • Axle stands
  • Trolley jack
  • Engine hoist
  • Various other hand tools e.g. hammers, files etc
I will post if I require any others.

So all I need now is a clear garage and a Cobra to build!  GD can expect a call on Monday morning ;)