Friday, January 16, 2015

Specification of my Cobra

Here is the spec as I see it so far for the Cobra build (GD427 Mk4). I reserve the right to change my mind of course!
  • Chassis - Gardner Douglas Euro backbone
  • Brakes - standard GD (Ford), but with Pagid blue pads (really good, but very expensive) - Edit decided to go for AP brakes at the front in the end - I wanted the thing to stop, I knew it would go!
  • Differential - BTR limited slip 3.07:1 as supplied with GD Euro chassis
  • Wheels - 18" Image cast GTD5 (Halibrand style), black centres, alli/chrome rims and centre spinners with 275/40 tyres at the rear and 245/40 at the front
  • Engine - upgraded/strengthened Chevrolet V8 LS6 (460 bhp ish power, 450 ft lb ish torque)
  • Transmission - Tremec T56 Magnum 6 speed with 2.66 gear set
  • Body - GD Mk4 (Cobra 427 style) in white gel coat, with metallic black 'Cobra' stripes - these will be added at the end
  • Exposed metalwork - chrome
  • Trim - black Muirhead leather, black Boyriven carpets