I set off early to the engine builder today and to collect my LS6 engine for the Cobra.
First I got the output printout from the dyno and a mug of tea. The engine builder had lied to me. The figures were even better than he had said! A maximum of 480 bhp at 6,100 revs and 451 ft lb torque at 5,000 revs. Wow!
|My new LS6 engine|
|The engine in the back of my estate car|
|Strapping the180 kg projectile in to the car|
Getting it out was not a lot of fun though. Matthew, my son-in-law, brought some much needed muscle and brains. After a bit of head scratching, we hooked some straps under the wooden board and one pulled whilst the other pushed. We got the engine out on to the trolley and in to the garage. Thanks Matthew.
I haven't forgotten about the video of the engine on the dyno - just haven't got it yet. I'll post it as soon as I can.