It is 18 weeks since I collected the engine from Kyle at Tim Adams Racing Engines. It was 15 weeks since I returned the flywheel, clutch plate, clutch cover and alternator as they were not as agreed. After emails and phone calls, the replacement clutch and other parts have now arrived. The flywheel and clutch plate are good. The new belt tensioner, which was not on the engine when collected, has also arrived. However, the alternator is damaged and not as expected and I still do not have the dyno video.
|Flywheel, clutch and alternator|
The ECU, engine loom, immobiliser and the lambda sensors from Canems were as expected and their subsequent service has been second to none.
I can now get the flywheel, clutch plate and cover installed on the engine. The engine assembly can then be mated to the gearbox (once I have a modified clutch release mechanism from GD) via the bellhousing before fitting to the chassis. Also I have just received a new "hi-torque" starter motor from Roadcraft to replace the used one I had broken a contact on!
|Shiny new starter motor|
The other gas strut is now fitted. So that's another job completed, except for the locking mechanism!
Edit: I have changed the ball stud and this is better. It positions the strut more upright, however the locking mechanism is still too big to use.
|Second gas ram now fitted|