Tuesday, December 29, 2015

A short time in the garage

Tidied up the garage today. Got rid of the transmission box and other rubbish. Space to work now.

Transmission

Not much progress today, but I took off the transmission tunnel cover to enable me to get at the shifter and get the 'box out of gear so that I could move the chassis.
Tunnel cover removed
Once the cover was off I discovered that a bolt head on the shifter locating plate was touching the fuel line on the inside of the chassis.
The top (near side) bolt can be seen against the fuel line
The shifter locating plate had been removed to aid installation, so it wasn't apparent that it was out of line. Now I need to move the gearbox over a little to gain some clearance. I will need to slacken off the engine mounting bolts as well as the gearbox mounting bolts to achieve this. Mustn't forget to thread lock the bolts again.

Engine

I put the spark plugs back in the engine and cleaned it up a bit (mainly the plastic plenum on the top of the engine).
Another engine shot, this time after cleaning up
The chassis with engine and gearbox in place looks brilliant, even if I do say so myself.

No comments: