Sunday, February 28, 2016

A little more progress!

I only managed a couple of hours in the garage this afternoon, but nevertheless a small amount of progress.

Speed sensor

Tightened the bolt that I forgot yesterday! I had only put it in finger tight, whilst I sorted out the wires. An important, but small job, to avoid the sensor falling out!

Handbrake

I finished off the handbrake too. Tied in the cable to the chassis.
Tie wrapped handbrake cable
Then siliconed around the grommet to avoid water ingress.

Under boot supports

On the Euro there are two plates that are fitted under the rear of the chassis. These help to take the extra weight that you may put in the boot. There are three rivnuts on each side for this purpose.
Three rivnuts on rear underside of chassis
First two pieces of self adhesive sponge rubber are fitted to each of the plates. The plates are then bolted in place and tightened, squashing the rubber.
Boot support plate
I managed to cross thread one of the rivnuts on the nearside, so now the it turns in the chassis rail. I will need to work out how to get the bolt out! But that is for another day.

Fuel tank

Sponge rubber was stuck to the fuel tank - two strips along the back and one underneath. I also added sound deadening sheets to reduce the chance of hearing fuel sloshing around.
Fuel tank with sponge rubber and sound deadening panels

No comments: