Friday, February 05, 2016

Engine compartment

Engine compartment

Today I completed the heater hoses, with the exception of two jubilee clips that I need to get. The hoses were not long enough, so I had to add short lengths into the hose runs.
Heater hoses in place, less two jubilee clips
Next the air temperature sensor was fitted to the air intake duct (the stainless steel tube). This required a grommet that would take a 12 mm sensor. I found that warming the grommet up in hot water helped with this.
Sensor fitted through grommet
Then the brake and clutch lines were coupled up to the junction point on the bulkhead. The male parts of the hose were coated with a small amount of Loctite 572. The hoses will need securing with a tie wrap or similar at a later date. The Loctite was also applied to the connections on the inner wing.
Brake and clutch hoses connected
Gear lever

The gear lever hole was enlarged a little to make sure that all gears could be selected. The escutcheon was used to mark out where the gear lever gator would go. I needed to keep well within this area.

I also taped up the loom run with racing tape in the passenger compartment. Not sure that I needed to do this, but it looked tidier prior to doing the carpets.
Gear lever hole enlarged and loom taped

No comments: